Protection from Wildfire Smoke
This course addresses the potential harm posed to workers by wildfire smoke. It will examine the health effects of wildfire smoke, obtaining readings for air quality, communications, and personal protective equipment importance, use, limitations, and maintenance.
Upon completion of this training the learner will be able to:
- Describe the health effects of wildfire smoke.
- Recognize their right to obtain medical treatment without fear of reprisal.
- Explain how workforce members can obtain the current Air Quality Index (AQI) for PM2.5.
- Synthesize the requirements in Cal/OSHA's Title 8, section 5141.1 about wildfire smoke.
- Describe their affiliate's communication options when responding to wildfire smoke challenges.
- Explain their employer's methods to protect workforce members from wildfire smoke.
- Relate the importance, limitations, and benefits of using a respirator when exposed to wildfire smoke.
- Summarize how to properly put on, use, and maintain the respirators provided.